Congrats, if you're reading this post you've most certainly downloaded the Metamorph extension! In the sections below, you'll learn more about the graphs and insights visible via the Metamorph extension.
Note that the Metamorph extension DOESN’T access your code - it only analyses the repositories for certain important metrics.
After clicking on the Metamorph sidebar, the first information that you will see is ideal if you need a high-level understanding of the repository. You will find:
- The days since the latest commit(s) was done
- The latest activity relating to Pull Requests (PRs)
- The number of contributors that are actually active
This graph called "activity" will probably remind you of the activity graphs for individual GitHub accounts of developers. Here, however, you will find how active the entire repo is!
- Get an overview of how active the repo is
- See when the repo is active (months, years)
3. Commit Frequency
Another interesting graph, this one is focused on how many commits the repo has based on the filter you will be selecting.
- Find the exact number of commits
- See how many commits you have per months and for which week(s)
4. PRs Accepted & Rejected
Last but not least, this graph is entirely focused on Pull Requests (PRs) happening in the repo you are inspecting.
- Find the exact number of PRs for the selected date range
- See how many PRs have been rejected, opened, and/or merged
- Visualize how the dynamic of PRs is