This short tutorial will assist you in your first steps after receiving an Indorse invite from a hiring company. You can expect one or more assessment stages that will allow the relevant company to confirm your real life development skills. Let’s get started!
Before you begin: invite link and sign-up step
Once you click the invite link you will be redirected to a page displaying:
- The job position that the company is hiring for. Click on View Job Post (1) to learn more about the job position and the requirements.
- The necessary steps to start your assessment. Sign up or log in (2) to start the assessment process.
Understanding your coding assessment options
On Indorse, your hiring company will be offered different options to evaluate your programming skills. Here is a list of possible combinations you may see when starting the assessment process:
- Interaction with chatbot and completion of a coding assignment
- Interaction with chatbot and submission of a personal code repository
- Completion of a coding assignment
- Submission of a personal code repository
Chatbots are a first layer focused on technical knowledge and the fundamentals of programming. They cover 20+ programming languages. This first screening layer will take you up to 15 minutes to complete.
- The chatbot assignment is optional, you will only have to interact with it if the hiring company has activated it
Completion of an assignment
Hiring companies will usually ask their candidates to complete a coding assignment based on skills required for the job position. As a candidate, you simply have to choose the assignment you want to complete. The estimated duration to complete an assignment ranges from 4 hours to 2 days.
- Choose from either one of the assignments which have been assigned to you
- Once you have selected the assignment, you will be redirected to a page which will provide you with the details of the relevant assignment (1)
- Upon completion of the assignment, you can paste the project repository or log in via GitHub (2)
Submission of a personal project
Hiring companies also have the option to ask their candidates to submit a personal project. If you encounter this, you will have the option to submit a URL of an existing project of yours.
- Click on Submit Your Project (1)
- Submit your Project - here you will need to add all the information relevant to the job position:
- Select the programming language used in your code repository (1)
- Paste the URL of your project repository (2)
- For GitHub repositories, you can either click on Browse GitHub Repo button (3) or paste the URL of your GitHub repository
- Write a detailed description of your project and elaborate on your expertise in the coding skill you have used (4)
- Click on Submit your Project (5)