Indorse for companies and recruiters allows you to gather reliable insights on the programming skills of your tech candidates. This short tutorial will assist you in creating your company page, evaluating your candidates and shortlisting the ones that meet your standards!
Before You Begin
- Create your Company page on Indorse:
- Go to Indorse.io/company.
- Add your Company name and your Email address.
- Click the Start button and follow the welcoming instructions.
Step 1: Create Your First Assessment
In this first step, you will select a coding assessment for your candidates. After they complete the assessment, our pool of industry experts will start evaluating their assessment and programming skills.
On your company dashboard:
- Click on Assessments (1).
- Then click Create New Assessment (2).
On the next page (see image hereunder):
- Please add the title of the Job (1).
- Select the programming language(s) of the assessment (2).
- Your candidates will be tested on the programming language you select here.
- You can choose one or more skills.
- Tick the option Existing project (3) and your candidates will also be allowed to browse their repository or paste a link to a relevant project of theirs.
- Once finished, please click on Create Assessment (4).
Congrats! Your first assessment is ready, now you just have to share it with your tech candidates so that they can start completing your tailor-made programming assessment.
Step 2: Inviting Your Candidates
With your newly created assessment, you can start inviting tech candidates for their programming skills evaluation. There are 2 options to invite your candidates via your company dashboard.
- Option 1: Sharing assessment links
- Click on Assessments (1).
- The click on the copy button (2) under Assessment Link.
- Now the link has been copied on your clipboard and can be shared.
If you are inviting your candidates via channels such as job boards, ATS, etc., you can simply use the invite link you just copied on your clipboard. This is recommended if you do not have a large number of candidates for the relevant job position.
- Option 2: Sending assessment links
- On your company dashboard, click on Invite Candidates (1).
- Then select the Job Position (2) you are inviting your candidates to take the assessment on. This is auto-populated based on the previous steps.
- Finally, enter the email addresses (3) of your candidates.
All set! Once you have sent the invitation for your programming assessment, all your candidates will receive an invite link to start the relevant assessment.
Step 3: Tracking Your Candidates’ Progress
From your company dashboard, you will be able to follow the progress of all your candidates for each of your coding assessments. It is that simple!
Job Title(s) and Assessment(s): Overview
- Overview of your job positions / assessment links
- Click on Candidates (1).
- On this page, you will have an overview of all the job positions you created. In the image below, for example, you can see five different job titles, each one of them having a different assessment.
- For each job position, you can check in detail how many candidates have viewed the assignment, submitted the assignment, passed the assignment, etc. by clicking on View Candidates (2).
- After clicking on View Candidates, all the necessary information to follow the progress of your candidates will be displayed.
- Overview of all the candidates that have clicked on your assessment link (1).
- Information on the Status (2) of the candidates: assignment viewed, submitted, etc.
- On the displayed page, you will find all the appropriate information for each of your candidates. Let us take the example of James Bowen, a candidate that completed an assignment for a Front End position:
- Once the expert developers have completed the evaluation, the relevant Coding Report will be displayed under the Report column (1).
- To view the report, click on the button View Report (2).
- Next to View Report, you can see the votes given by the expert developers that assessed this specific candidate (3). Here, 9 out of 10 expert developers confirm the skills of the candidate and recommend his candidacy (4).
Shortlist or Reject a Candidate
With Indorse you will be able to seamlessly spot the candidates that meet your standards and the requirement for your job position.
- If you want to shortlist a candidate and move on to the next stage, simply click Shortlist (1) under the Action column.
- If a candidate is not up to your expectations, you can reject his candidacy by clicking on the Reject button (2).
Once you start shortlisting candidates, you will be able to find them directly from your Company dashboard.
- On your company dashboard, click on Shortlisted (1).
- You now can see all the candidates you have shortlisted (2).
- Here you have all shortlisted candidates, indistinctive of the job title. For that information, simply check the Assessment Link Title (3).