1. Indorse.io is a Dapp. What does that mean?
Web applications that are built using decentralised technologies, are commonly known as, Dapp - which stands for Distributed Application. One of the core technology that Indorse is being built on is the Ethereum Blockchain. Hence, Indorse.io is a Dapp.
2. What is Blockchain, and why is that important for Indorse?
A Blockchain (or block chain) is a method of storing a list of entries, which cannot be changed easily after they are created. This is done by using several concepts from cryptography, including digital signatures and hash functions. (courtesy: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain).
In the case of Indorse, all our votes are recorded on a smart contract on the Ethereum Blockchain. This makes the entire voting process secure from any middlemen.
3. Is there a detailed guide on how to participate in a Validation exercise?
Yes, please visit this link for a detailed discussion on Validation: https://help.indorse.io/hc/en-us/articles/360004680672-Skill-Validation-guide
4. What is Metamask?
MetaMask is a web browser plug-in that works with Google Chrome, Opera, and Firefox. It can be installed the same way as any other Google Chrome extension or Firefox add-on.
Once MetaMask is set up and running, you now have a fully functional Ethereum wallet built right into your browser. In other words, to perform any kind of interactions with the ethereum blockchain Metamask is a very helpful tool.
5. How to use Metamask?
This article will give you a great overview on how to use Metamask: https://help.indorse.io/hc/en-us/articles/360001815251-Using-MetaMask-on-Indorse
6. Metamask shows "Rinkeby Test Network"; what is that?
For the purposes of testing, Test Ethereum Blockchains are run. Rinkeby is one such test network. For the purpose of casting your vote, ie, interacting with the Indorse Smart Contract: you have to select the "mainnet" - which is the main blockchain.
7. When I click "Indorse" or "Flag" - Metamask opens up and asks me to confirm the transaction. Where did Metamask get all the details from?
Our Dapp interacts with Metamask and pre-populates all the data that is required to interact with our Smart Contract. You do not need to make any changes. The data that is pre-populated is customised for each validator and for his / her vote.
8. Do I need to have any ETH balance, to begin with?
No, you will NOT need an account balance to cast votes.
9. Would any GAS be required?
No; no gas will be required for you to cast your vote.
10. What are the pre-populated details?
The pre-populated details are the information about your vote which will be recorded and timestamped on the blockchain.
11. How does my vote get recorded on the blockchain, without me directly voting on the blockchain?
All validator votes are grouped in a set of transactions, quite similar to Blocks on the blockchain. This set of transactions will be grouped and hashed, and then will be recorded on the blockchain at certain intervals (every 24 hours right now)
12. What is the reward structure for Validators?
Visit this link for the latest Code of Conduct and the Reward Structure: https://help.indorse.io/hc/en-us/articles/360020471011-Code-of-Conduct-for-Indorse-Validators
13. What 'No consensus' means and how it affects a validator's profile or payments?
It doesn't affect validator payments. It means that we didn't get enough votes. (>5 atm)
14. How are claims distributed amongst validators and the min-max validators required per claim?
Right now every validator for the selected language is notified and invited for voting. However, only the first 10 to vote are considered. The manner of distribution of claim will be reviewed on a time to time basis and may be subject to change.